Wednesday, January 5, 2011

TINSLEY MORTIMER: A GIRL CAN'T READ THIS SORT OF THING WITHOUT HER LIPSTICK





It doesn't get much better than Tinsley Mercer Mortimer. She is the actual NYC princess - the real-life Eloise book cartoon equivalent. Her full name is Tinsley Randolph Mercer....if that is not a name for greatness then NOTHING is! Tinsley is one of the most famous and photographed faces in all of the NYC social scene. Easy to understand since she is unbelievably gorgeous. What couples this beauty is that she also happens to be one of the sweetest, most engaging, brilliantly positive and loveliest women you could ever know. A Columbia Art History graduate, Tinsley has a line in Japan of handbags and clothing with Samantha Thavasa as well as being featured in their ad campaign for the brand. Also in Japan, she has Riccime by Tinsley Mortimer. Truly, there has never been a subject of royalty in the USA like Tinsley. And she has the looks and glowing personality to own that. I know this first-hand.
What is deeply moving in Tinsley's goodness is that she doesn't realize how special she is.
Here are EXCLUSIVE Tinsley Mortimer beauty questions answered...what an absolute dream come true to tap into this amazing woman's mind...

WHAT IS AN EVERYDAY TINSLEY BEAUTY HABIT OR RITUAL?

I use DiorShow Black Out mascara everyday!! I don't feel like myself without it!!

WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE, MOST BEAUTIFUL PLACE YOU HAVE EVER BEEN TO SO FAR IN YOUR LIFE?

My favorite place is St. Moritz in Switzerland. It is the most beautiful, most charming place in the world!!

THE MOST BEAUTIFUL BOOK YOU HAVE EVER READ?

Eloise because it inspired me so much as a child and still to this day continues to inspire me.

THE NAME AND BRAND OF THE LIPSTICK IN YOUR PURSE?

Dior Addict Ultra-Gloss in lots of colors but always a shimmery pink!!

AS AN ART HISTORY EXPERT, WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE PIECE OF ART, THE ARTIST AND WHY?

My favorite artist is the Flemish 17th century artist PETER PAUL RUBENS. I love the way he painted the unclothed body but mostly I love the way he was able to depict brightly colored silks. I love how the light bounces off the folds of fabric on what looks like the most amazing duchess silk satin you have ever seen. It makes you want to reach in and touch it, it is so beautiful!!

WHAT INSPIRES YOU, THAT YOU FIND BEAUTIFUL?

Positive, happy, confident people inspire me the most. Those are the most beautiful qualities someone can have.
Or something tangible:
Beautiful fabrics inspire me the most - I love going to the D and D building with my mom who is an interior designer and running my hands over all the fabrics!! I get so creative and inspired every time I am there!!

THE MOST BEAUTIFUL PLACE IN NYC TO YOU?

The Frick Museum

YOUR FAVORITE CUPCAKE FLAVOR?

All cupcakes!! I love them all!!

"I put a large cabbage leaf on my head when I have a headache...It makes a very good hat. My mother knows Coco Chanel." - Eloise

Tinsley had a notorious cameo on "Gossip Girl," was a contributor to the New York Times best-seller "The Park Avenue Diet" by Dr. Stuart Fischer, had her own reality show called "High Society" and is truly the "then and now" reigning NYC beauty and society girl. I can't begin to explain how sweet she is on top of it all. She is the US's Princess Diana who decided to change her life mid-fairy tale and imagine what could be different for her and she has found it. No regrets - she is enjoying her life as she should be. She is an inspiration all-around.

"Oooooooooooo I absolutely love The Plaza"............" - Eloise






Oooooooo GS&E absolutely loves Tinsley!! xoxox

No comments:

Post a Comment