Monday, January 10, 2011

NATALIE WOOD: SHORTLY BEFORE HER DEATH, "YOU KNOW WHAT I WANT? I WANT YESTERDAY"







I read a beautiful book on Natalie Wood a few years ago and never forgot this story from it...
Her mother would pull her aside on set as a child and pull the wings off a butterfly in front of her to make her cry for the scene. That bothered me so much that I never forgot the story.
It did help me understand who she was and who she became as a woman...the short time she had as one.

While she was always stunning, I believe her true, highest adult form of beauty came out in "Bob & Carol & Ted & Alice." Here, she stunned the screen like a firework....






"You get tough in this business - until you get big enough to hire people to get tough for you. Then you can sit and be a lady." - Natalie Wood

"Once you've been up there, you know you've been someplace." - James Dean in "Rebel Without a Cause"

XOXOXOXOXOX


No comments:

Post a Comment