Friday, January 28, 2011

GS&E'S TOP 15 CHARACTERS OF ALL TIME: "WE ARE SHAPED AND FASHIONED BY WHAT WE LOVE" -VON GOETHE

A beloved character from a film or book will stay with you forever. Here are GS&E's top 15 characters that will always make our heart swoon....

#15

Susan Sarandon as "Janet Weiss" in THE ROCKY HORROR PICTURE SHOW:






"If only we were amongst friends...or sane persons!"

"Well, I don't like men with too many muscles."

#14

Sarah Jessica Parker as "Carrie Bradshaw" in SEX AND THE CITY:




"As we dance along this road called life, occasionally a girl will find herself a little lost. And when that happens, I guess she has to let go of the coulda, woulda, shoulda. Buckle up and just keep going."

"When real people fall down in life, they get right back up and keep walking."

#13

Vivien Leigh as "Scarlett O'Hara" in GONE WITH THE WIND:






"Tomorrow I'll think of some way...after all, tomorrow is another day."

"If you think I'll marry you for the bonnet, I won't."

"Marriage, fun? Fiddle dee-dee. Fun for men, you mean."

#12

Charmian Carr as "Leisl Von Trapp" in THE SOUND OF MUSIC:




"I'd like to stay and taste my first champagne. Yes?"

"I am sixteen going on seventeen, innocent as a rose. Bachelor dandies, drinkers of brandies, what do I know of those?"

#11

Merle Oberon as "Cathy" in WUTHERING HEIGHTS:




"If you can't see that's a castle, you will never be a prince, Heathcliff."

"Forgive me, Heathcliff. make the world stop right here. Make everything stop and stand still and never move again. Make the moors never change, and you and I never change,"

#10

Madeline in Ludwig Bemelman's MADELINE:




"They left the house at half past nine...in two straight lines in rain or shine...the smallest one was Madeline."

#9

Judy Garland as "Esther Smith" in MEET ME IN ST. LOUIS:






"Personally I think I have too much bloom. Maybe that's the trouble with me."

"The day was bright, the air was sweet. The smell of honeysuckle charmed me off my feet."

"It's our last dance in St. Louis. I feel like I'm going to cry."

#8

Natalie Wood as "Carol Sanders" in BOB & CAROL & TED & ALICE:




"My darling, you did NOT cheat - you TOLD me about it. If you hadn't told me about it, THAT would be cheating."

#7

Gwyneth Paltrow as "Estella" in GREAT EXPECTATIONS:




"She'll only break your heart, it's a fact.And even though I warn you, even though I guarantee you that the girl will only hurt you terribly, you'll still pursue her. Ain't love grand?"

"Do you know what this is? It's my heart and it's broken."

"Let's say there was a little girl and from the time she could understand she was taught to fear...let's say she was taught to fear daylight. She was taught that it was her enemy, that it would hurt her. And then one sunny day, you ask her to go outside and play and she won't. You can't be angry at her, can you?"

#6

Sienna Miller as "Edie Sedgwick" in FACTORY GIRL:



"She only leaves good wishes behind"

"I went to a party once and there was a palm reader there and when she looked at my hand, she just froze. And I said to her, "I know. My lifeline is broken. I won't live past thirty."

"To me, New York was Jackson Pollock sipping Vodka and dripping paint onto a raw canvas."

#5

Ann-Margret as "Kim MacAfee" in BYE BYE BIRDIE:




"How wonderful to know, the things a woman knows, how marvelous to wait, for a date...in simply beautiful clothes."

"Life is a ball, if only you know it...and it's all just waiting for you. You're alive...so come on and show it...we've got a lot of living to do."

#4

Audrey Hepburn as "Holly Golightly" in BREAKFAST AT TIFFANY'S:






"If I could find a real life place that'd make me feel like Tiffany's - then I'd buy some furniture and give the cat a name."

"Anyone who ever gave you confidence - you owe them a lot."

"The blues are because you're getting fat or maybe it's been raining too long...you're just sad, that's all.
The mean reds are horrible. Suddenly, you are afraid and you don't know what you're afraid of. Do you ever get that feeling?"

#3

Eloise in ELOISE AT THE PLAZA:



"Getting bored is not allowed. Sometimes I comb my hair with a fork."

"Oh my lord I am absolutely so busy I don't know how I can possibly get everything done. Then I have to hop around for a while."

"I have a turtle. His name is Skipperdee. He eats raisins and wears sneakers."

"Toe shoes make very good ears. Sometimes I wear them to lunch."

#2

Alice in ALICE IN WONDERLAND:




"I give myself very good advice, but I very seldom follow it."

"If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't."

"Better read it first, for if one drinks much from a bottle marked "Poison" - it's almost certain to disagree with one, sooner or later."

#1

Grace Kelly as "Tracy Lord" in HIGH SOCIETY:




"Help me off the pedestal."

"Isn't it a fine day? Is everybody fine? That's fine."

"I can't dance when anyone frowns at me."

"There are fairies at the bottom of my garden all ringing little bells."


Voila!

"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give." - Winston Churchill

XOXOX

No comments:

Post a Comment