Wednesday, November 10, 2010

SIBELLA COURT: A GEM WHO DISCOVERS GEMS


I first discovered and heard of the amazing SIBELLA COURT on Sundance Channel's "Man Shops Globe." Keith had traveled to Australia and knew his astounding discoveries for Anthropologie could only be navigated by this unbelievable interiors genius.
First, she is drop dead gorgeous. This is amplified by her sweet "sing-songy" Australian accent. Second, she is the shop owner of the MOST special store of all her traveling discoveries called The Society Inc. in Paddington, Sydney. This woman is so talented aesthetically that she designs her own paint colors! Sibella travels the world for unusual and beautiful pieces and then "themes" her store for a time based on what is currently inspiring her. She inspires ME. She makes me believe what people always say - that you can make a career out of what you love and be successful because of how passionate you are about that love. My passion and love is appreciating beautiful things and sharing them with people and she gives me so much material.
Her book "Etc." is such a bible of beauty and inspiration. I truly believe she is one of the world's true visionary gems. Amazingly, I got this visionary to answer EXCLUSIVELY some GS&E questions of beauty to share her thoughts on my favorite topic....

WHAT IS AN EVERYDAY BEAUTY RITUAL OF YOURS?

To loofah and moisturise. Latest fav moisturiser is Aesop's "Geranium Leaf Body Balm" and their "Rose By Any Other Name Body Cleanser".

FAVORITE BEAUTY PRODUCT?

Rosewater for everything. Refreshing, makes you smile and smells lovely. I am selling my own at The Society Inc.

MOST BEAUTIFUL PLACE YOU HAVE EVER VISITED?

That's too hard to answer, however as it is a beauty related Q&A I would have to say Coqui Coqui in Tulum, Yucatan Peninsula Mexico. Amazing personal small hotel with a perfumerie attached. They (Nicolas & Francesca) make their own perfume range in the mountains. The coconut is to-die-for for the summer months.

WHAT INSPIRES YOU?

Everything: Travel, early morning exercise (especially when Sculptures by the Sea is on at Bondi), words, colours, bowerbirds! etc.

ANY LAST THOUGHTS?

I love moroccan oil for my hair too. I think that's my all time fav product at the moment!

The beautiful Sibella Lejeune Emilie Court has two more books due out next year! (YAY) I have decided I need our home to be in full Sibella paint hues. Why oh why don't we live in Paddington? Maybe it is time to call the travel agent. Or maybe it is time to move to Sydney to be near "Objet Trouve: Biography of a Bowerbird."

Visit her site at: www.thesocietyinc.com.au and buy her beautiful book "Etc." at Anthropologie asap!
xoxoxoxoxo




No comments:

Post a Comment