Friday, February 25, 2011

IONE SKYE: "ETERNAL IS THE ONE WHOSE HEART HAS AWAKENED TO LOVE" - HAFIZ







"Like a blooming night flower...bestow your vital fragrance of happiness." - Hafiz

Where to begin with the perfection and elegance of IONE SKYE. Born in England and raised in Los Angeles, San Francisco and Connecticut, Ione became a model (of course with that face) from an early age. Her unusual and exceptional beauty caught the eye of a casting director and the rest is history. Cast in films such as "River's Edge," Gas Food Lodging" and "Zodiac," Ione's teen idol status was cemented with 1989's film "Say Anything." Now wildly known and idolized for her role as Diane Court in this film, Ione will forever be a style and beauty icon. She was born to model Enid Karl and famous Scottish folk rock singer Donovan Leitch, and Ione has been a gem since birth and in her own right. Having directed films and music videos, Ione is now a mother of two beautiful girls, Kate and Goldie. She is a fascinating painter with work I am drooling over to buy. See her beyond gorgeous pieces of work at: www.ioneskyepaintings.com.


Here are a few EXCLUSIVE GS&E beauty questions answered by this beautiful icon:

WHAT INSPIRES YOU THAT YOU FIND BEAUTIFUL?

I am inspired watching and listening to my friends tell stories, traveling, great writing, great art, Georgian architecture. I find horses beautiful. The countryside in England, Scotland inspiring.
Train rides, long bus rides are inspiring. They make me feel I am in a book. And of course music inspires me.

WHAT IS THE MOST BEAUTIFUL BOOK YOU HAVE EVER READ?

The poems of Hafiz.

IN WHAT SETTING DO YOU CREATE YOUR BEAUTIFUL PAINTINGS?

I paint in my large kitchen listening to my records with the door open to the back garden.


WHAT IS A CAN'T-LIVE-WITHOUT BEAUTY PRODUCT?

Can't live without Rose Hip Oil and Chanel Plum eyeliner....


Ione is one of those beautiful exceptions to life who bypasses all of us by being effortlessly chic, truly pure and deeply special.

"Who keeps seducing the formless into form - had the charm to win my heart." - Hafiz

She continues to win everyone's heart.

XOXO
GS&E

No comments:

Post a Comment